If you are a Botox fanatic like me, you know that Botox isn’t just known for getting rid of wrinkles.  Botox also contains Clostridium botulinum which is a bacteria that can form into spores which if ingested can cause life threatening food poisoning.

The UK’s Daily Mail reported that dozens of people have been poisoned in Italy after ingesting pesto sauce that was found to have contained Botox.

The Italian pesto sauce chef who is responsible for this outbreak has been growing his own basil for over 200 years.  It was only in the last few years that he has began per-packaging his own pesto sauce for retail sale.

The local producer Bruzzone and Ferrari who were responsible for the outbreak has been growing the area’s renowned basil for almost two centuries, but only recently started selling pre-prepared jars of the sauce.

They stated to the Daily Mail: “We made the discovery during our own tests and analysis of our fresh product, non pasteurised product, which contains no preservatives’.”

Stefano Bruzzone who is part owner of the pesto sauce company also stated, “In one sample we found level of substances which forced us to recall a whole batch of the product.

Tests on the pesto sauce confirmed the presence of Clostridium botulinum which produces which produces the toxin found in Botox.

Don’t Panic

Yes you, the one who can’t move your forehead.

You can’t get this poisoning from Botox, that is unless you have had it injected by an unlicensed professional or a doctor who mishandles it.

In order to become ill from Botox, you would need to incest it while it was not stored at the proper temperature.